Monday, June 8, 2009

What You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses By: Austin Henderson per.3



Dear Mr. Stephen Davis,

Before reading your book, Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses, I wasn't really into reading. To me reading was a waste of time. I would always think, “ Why read when you can probably find a movie of it?” I also wasn't to sure about how bands used to get noticed and signed to a record label. Your book tells exactly how they did it. It also changed my view on how hard drugs and alcohol are on a persons body. Reading your book has changed apart of my life and I also enjoyed reading the difficult things they had to go through to succeed.
I think what kept me into reading this book was the intense, rough life they had to live. This I can kind of relate to because my families not quite under the rich category, so I know how Axl and Duff felt through that time. Seeing how the band members, even though they had so many challenges to go through, they still didn't let anything stand in the way. This proved to me that anything you have a real desire for and you really want to do, even with their drug addictions, you just have to push through things to succeed.
Reading Watch You Bleed has opened me to so many more books, now that I have found a genre of books I enjoy to read. Since reading your book I have read a couple books along the same lines,such as Scar Tissure by Anthony Kiedis. I have learned the roughness of life and the high life all in one book.

Thank you,
Austin Henderson

1 comment: