Monday, June 8, 2009

Daniel Handler's Series of Unfortunate Events (Luis C.)

Dear, Daniel Handler

When I saw this book “The Series of Unfortunate Events, The Bad Beginning” I thought this book is going to be pretty boring, but my friend encouraged me to read it because he said it was great .So I started reading it and ended up liking it. It shows how tough it can be when you have no parents and you’re forced to live with a stranger that doesn’t treat you correctly. You have to be brave and strong to go through difficult times.

I think this book has changed how I view the world; before I thought when I heard a kid say “man my step father is really mean” I would say “ya whose dad isn’t”. Know I think what if the kid had to go through some really hard experiences by himself, what if his step father abused him? When I stop and think about the story and its ties to real life the book is teaching us a lesson that we should be aware of what happens in our community and not let it slip away. I’ve learned to be more understanding when a person has a problem and goes to me for help. In the series the poor kids have to keep changing relatives they have to live with because the relative before tried to steal their fortune.

So I believe that your book is an inspiration to young readers to do what’s right. So I hope that you keep on making wonderful books that have a strong message to help the reader with problems they might face.

Sincerely,

Luis Chavez

1 comment: