Monday, June 8, 2009

indigo's star(naomi r)

Dear Hilary McKay,

Every book I have read was never similar to my life. Every book I read would have a Cinderella ending. And trust me I read a lot of books .So one day when I went to the library I won a small little raffle. My prize was a book. When I picked out your book, I knew what type it was. I thought to myself that this book would be one of those teen books about a boy and a girl problem. In this case it wasn’t. Instead this story took a new turn. Just to make sure I was right, I turned the book around and read a small summary of the book. It then hit me. It wasn’t your average book. It was an extraordinary book with a new story. While reading your book, I found out that there are some books out there that can relate to you r very much and that there is a happy ending in some way. It doesn’t happen in a day or two. There might be someone out there that can try and guide. Like a friend or a guardian angel.

While reading the summary I found out the boy in your story, Indigo was very similar to me. For example, when Indigo was recovering from a disease and how he didn’t want to go to school because of bullies. It’s the same case with me instead it’s a bit different for me. I was recovering from kuthifutchimoto and I was scared of going to school because I was going to go to a new school. Pretty similar to Indigo, right? But when indigo went back to school he met his guardian angel. Tom. This part then took me back into my 6th grade years and how I met my guardian angel. A friend named grace. Both indigo and I have gone on a journey that both guardians sent us on. It would be fun, but there also would be struggles.

I then realized the true intentions of the world. On how it can bring sadness, anger, and happiness all at once and how not all American family has a TV type family. You didn’t make your characters seem as if they were fantasy. You made them seem as if they were people living right next door to you. You basically opened the door to a reality book. I felt as if I was viewing a snow globe and watching someone’s life rather than imagining. I could everything happening all at once. Thankyou for writing such a book and for making it seem so realistic. You gave me a new view of the world on how every ones problem can be as similar to yours and yet be so different. Thank you

From your #1 fan

Naomi Rahman

1 comment: