Sunday, June 7, 2009

Gary Paulson's Hatchet ( by Zach W.)

Dear Mr.Paulson,

I find that the books you write seem to connect to me and make me feel like i'm in the books myself. Before Hatchet I never read a book about a person surviving and it was a very enjoyable book.

When I would read the books i would feel as though i was right there next to the character. It made me feel sorrow for him as well as happiness when he succeeded. It helped me imagine what it must be like to survive by yourself, without company or someone to talk to. The whole time the character did whatever a real person would do to survive, not fictional stuff that would never happen, and live.

This book expanded what I though it would take to live in the wild. It made me want to go out there crash a plane and survive on my own, even if it's not logical to do. It made me feel that it had accurate information as though you actually went out and experience the challenges and rewards of surviving.

Hatchet really expanded my connection with books and made me feel as though i could go out and live like the character. I love the books written by you because they all seem to touch on subjects that other authors would not go deep enough into. I hope you continue to write more books about the subjects no one goes into deep enough detail on.

Sincerely,

Zach Wagoner

1 comment: