Sunday, June 7, 2009

Aleksandar Hemon’s The Lazarus Project (by John Torres)

Dear Aleksandar Hemon,


Well you see I just found your book in search of another. I was actually trying to find a book about Lazarus from the bible because my dad told me I should read more about it. But when I found your book it turned out it had nothing to due with the bible. It had to do with an 18 year old Jewish immigrant named Lazarus who was shot and murder. Also, when I first saw the books cover it made me feel as if the book would be interesting. Not to say I was judging a book by its cover but seriously and image of an eye with a transparent face without. It just made the book look very more interesting. This book really changed my perspectives on reading.

This book really made me enjoy reading. Usually I would buy a book but never get to the end of it in other words I wouldn’t really finish it. But this book is part of the books I actually enjoyed and finished. It changed my perspective on parts of life. Like how things aren’t to be taken for granted. It’s like how Olga who love her brother Lazarus with all her heart. Only to hear that he was pronounced dead due to gun shot wounds. It also made me think of how many bad things are happening around us and in this world.

The Lazarus project gave me many perspectives from the main character Brik all the way to Lazarus who is dead and how he lived his life. This book was very enjoyable and fun to read. It had everything from humor to drama. It made me feel many things about life and death. Without this book I probably wouldn’t know what would be happening in the world. By the end of the book I was satisfied without belief. I won’t ever regret buying this book. You gave me a new view on things. Thanks for writing this book. I’m looking forward to reading your others.

Sincerely,


John Torres

1 comment: