Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sue Monk Kidds The Secret Life of Bees (by Melissa G.)

Dear, Sue Monk Kidd

when it comes
to reading a book, for me i never really see it as something that has influenced me or changed my opinion on the world. I enjoy reading and when i picked to read your book, it was just another book to read during Monday SSR, but the first chapter in really caught my eye, the way she wandered about bees life and how she saw her life as a twirling disaster before the bees led her to the right path. In the end your book made me realize that you can find happiness in the most unusual places, where you would never think it could be found.

In "The Secret Life of Bees", i respected lily and her ambition to go after the truth about her dead mothers past in order to fill in the hole in her heart. The bees were like a guide in her life, where it made me see how everyone needs something or someone to point them in the right direction. We cant do everything by ourselves and i believe the life we live is all a journey to find ourselves. Your book showed me to go after what i really want and even if it starts with strangers, you get to know then as a person and realize how great you got it. In the book, lily owens ran away from home where she didn't realize till the end that while she was in search of her mother, the women she was staying with were her mothers even if she met them only a year before. She found eveything she was in search for and it touched my heart and made me believe in my self and to take chances

When i finished " The Secret Life of Bees" i wanted to so badly go after my dreams. Your novel showed me that their are going to be many setbacks, but if your heart is in the right place then what your looking for will eventually find you. This will be one of the books that i will look back on and see how you can find happiness in the least expected places, so thankyou.
Sincerely,

Melissa Gamez

1 comment: