Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn (by Jennifer N.)

Dear Ms. Meyer,

I before Breaking Dawn, I never liked to read about vampires, werewolves, or mythical creatures. Every time someone would mention this book, I would think: “I don’t want to read about that. It sounds boring and stupid.” I was wrong.

This book made my imagination stronger, and it made me feel like I wanted a vampire for a boyfriend. It is not likely for me to like getting involved with fictional characters such as Edward and Jacob, but when I read it, I felt like I was in the book the whole time, battling with the Volturi vampires, feeling the pain of becoming a newborn vampire, and getting married to a vampire.

It also changed my views of love. It showed that all that matters is a person’s personality (whether they are a vampire or not). She loves a vampire and a werewolf and somehow it does not change her feelings toward them, or her perspective of those myths. It taught me that love is unchangeable or irreversible, no matter what the person’s race or age is. It is all about personality.

Breaking Dawn expanded my imagination and taught me a huge lesson about love. Now I read all kinds of books because this book opened up to a new genre of books that I wouldn’t have ever touched before. I really hope that you continue to write the 5th book.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Nwabuzor

1 comment: