Sunday, June 7, 2009

Leap Day by Wendy Mass

Dear Wendy Mass,
To me most novels are just another book to entertain me on my free time, something to read but not have a life changing experience over it. I read at least one new book per week from the library, when I picked this one up no special aura came radiating from the pages so I didn’t suspect the joy that would come from reading it. When I started reading “Leap Day” it made me realize that not everything is as it seems. Never assume one thing because in the end your assumptions can be completely off.

When I read about the different views of the other characters in the book, “Leap Day”, it made me remember that not everyone sees a similar scene the same way. Different people view things from different perspectives. I told my friends to read your book because so many of us base our stories around gossip that we hear around school, not knowing of the real story. I normally don’t go walking around to my friends saying, ”Omigosh, you guys have to read this,” but this book definitely deserved it. The main reason that I liked this book is because practically everyone can relate to it. Not like those stories where the mom dies and the main character tells the story of her grief.

Your book changed the way I see life. Whenever somebody looks suspicious I don’t suspect the worse in him or her. I learned not to be judgmental. Thank you for writing such a great novel that not only enlightened me but probably many other people as well.

Sincerely,
Janet Eid

1 comment: