Friday, June 12, 2009

Karen Miller's The Innocent Mage (Sydney S.)

Dear Karen Miller,

Reading the book, “The Innocent Mage,” reminded me and taught me very important things in life. For example, in the novel it talked about Asher (main character), an ordinary fisherman with a somewhat decent life, who wanted to fulfill his dream of spending time with his father fishing with a nice boat living in luxury. This to me is like having a career where you have a decent salary but then you’re not pleased with your job. As I have learned, you should live your life with whatever makes you happy rather than something you are not pleased with.

There came some moments in the novel, specifically in the beginning of Asher’s journey where many townspeople prejudged and underestimated him. This important lesson reminded me that you should never judge someone before you get to know them. Keeping this in mind helped me to realize that I can meet new people out there in the world instead of judging them first and become an even better person than I was before.

After reading the novel, it helped improve my view of life as a place to meet new people and enjoy what you do in it.

Sincerely,

Sydney Solomon

1 comment: