Sunday, June 7, 2009

To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee; Matthew Fliss

Ms. Lee,
Your novel; To Kill A Mockingbird completely changed the way that I view the topic of reading. When my english teacher announced the plan of reading the book I let out an awfully loud "awww". I had no intention of reading any type of material unless it contained information on surfing or bmxing for I was strictly gravitated to those magazines that could be purchased at grocery store, not a book shop. But your style and the words you chose to fill your pages made me reconsider my obscure ways. They showed me the suspense and the willing desire to keep reading until my first question was answed and until my second question was asked. It proved to me that literature was a necessary part of a human's life; not just something that is done, it's something that has to be understood. Thank you for broadening my my view on lterature.

Everything in that novel had an importance and a meaning to the greater cause of the book. You introduced me to Boo Radley in the very beginning when I had not a clue where the story was headed. You seemed to have a near perefect way of putting certian elements in the right place, and the words rolled of the page as if I were listening to a five star symphony orchestra; I can still hear the solemn words of Atticus Finch warning his childern of the threats from their fellow classmates and how they should just ignore them.

Ms. Lee, your a truly decorated writer who knows the in's and out's of story telling. I admire you and the way you write. You changed the way I am and I will forever be in debt to you.

Thank you,

Matthew B. Fliss

1 comment: