Monday, June 8, 2009

A Million Little Pieces by James Fry

Dear James Frey,

Well I only read a few books to keep my teachers from punishing me in class or from marking me down a couple of points. Till I picked up this book from my sister’s dusty old book shelf not expecting to discover any of its hidden message on life. When I started reading "A Million Little Pieces" it made me think that you people shouldn’t be judging people on the evils they have done to themselves or others because the sins have made them human. Your book really made me think... According to some religions all humans sin and all sins are bad and can be forgiven so shouldn’t all men?

When I found out about the different problems of James in the book "A Million Little Pieces", it made me realize that James had been a victim of himself looking for self-reliance as a form of salvation. This book shows that everyone one is a victim of themselves whether it be drugs, an abusive behavior, or even a mistake you want to fix but can’t. It also shows that we need other people (like how James needed Lily) when we are at our hardest times in our life. It basically said to me that we are all human and we all make mistakes, and we should all forgive them and move on!

Your book changed my perspective on the people in my life and any I will meet in the near future. I learned everyone’s sins even mine are pardonable; and to forgive them we must first forgive ourselves and look ahead to the future and not the past because we cannot change our mistakes and just thinking about them is a waste of time and can keep you down.

Sincerely, Kyle Skoglund

1 comment: