Monday, June 8, 2009

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah (Stephanie Garcia)

Dear Sister Souljah,

At first i could never find a book that i can actually finish reading, i always get tuned out with the first couple chapters. So i just stop reading them, bad yes i know, but i do not like finishing books that do not interest me. Im actually going to start reading this whole book over again. Its so amazing that for one of the first times i actully remember everything i read. Yes i have to admit im not a huge fan of books. "The Coldest Winter Ever" not only is a book that you just want to keep on reading, its a book that can impact your life as well.

Im used to judging a book by its cover or title, i really do not know why but your book just causght my eye. The momment i began reading "The Coldest Winter Ever" i was locked. The language Winter used was shocking. I never knew a book could ever catch my eye that quick. Im not saying my language is that inapropriate but it was almost as if i was the one speaking. or even me listening to one of my friends speak to me. i couldnt wait to get to the next page. I would want to finish my homework quick just so i can start reading, i would go to sleep late because i would stay up late reading your book.

Everything that accurred in this book can seriously happen in real life. Not to be steriotipical but they lived in Brooklyn where its ghetto, and as most people know in the ghetto is where all the gang violence happens, its where most drug dealers are. People get shot, people die, and people get caught up by the cops. I strongly recomment this book to everyone. It will shurely keep you locked on. I was super locked that i did not want to find the key.to make me stop reading.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Garcia

1 comment: