Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold [Jobe Biter]

Dear Alice Sebold,

I recently read your book, "The Lovely Bones," during SSR in my English class. I never thought that by reading your book it would change my view of the world and the people living on it. When I read the summary on the back of your book, I knew that I just had to grab it and read it during class. It wasn't my intention to actually finish your book and be fascinated with it as well. It has taught me many lessons about life and how we should cherish every moment of living.

Once I read the first page, I couldn't stop reading. Until, of course, I was told to. I was mesmerized by the way you used words to create a picture in my mind. It almost seemed like I was actually in the story while I was reading it. You put sentences that have a whole new meaning to it. For example, you made me realize that people have to live life to the fullest because nobody would what would happen next. Through your book, you taught me that we actually don't know how people act behind our backs. When Mr. Harvey murdered Susie, nobody in the neighborhood knew it was him because he seemed quiet and all to himself. Not one person would have known that he could have committed the perfect murder. It wasn't until Susie made some kind of connection to her father that he got questioned for her killing. Many people in our lives seem giddy and friendly, but we don't really know how they truly act when we're not their in front of them.

I admire you for writing this book because if I didn't read it, I wouldn't have learned many lessons. This book put a whole new perspective in life and the people around the world. I've lived up to the quote 'live each day to the fullest' ever since I have read your book. I've now recommended this book to my friends and family, and they have told me that your book touched and their lives and they recommended it to their friends. Your book also made me realize that we have to enjoy our time with our friends and family because our joy of life can be taken away from us in a matter of seconds.

Sincerely,
Jobe Biter

No comments:

Post a Comment