Monday, June 8, 2009

True to the Game 3 by Teri Woods (Alexues Hamilton)


Dear Teri Woods,

Your True to the Game book series have always kept my attention. Before I started reading your books I never liked to read. I would only read if I had to do an assignment for school. When my friend referred True to the Game 1 to me, I thought the book would be ridiculously boring and I would hate it like I hate most books, but once I started reading it I was hooked. Once I was done with the first book I had to get the second one. True to the Game 3 was the book that got me the most though. I would recommend this book to anyone. The main character Gena was very likeable. You made her character so realistic and I felt like she was someone I knew personally. As the book progressed and I began to read more and more I could not put it down. Whenever I would read I would feel so bad for Gena because all she wanted was happiness but unfortunately happiness wasn’t in store for her yet. The book really made me realize that I shouldn’t take life for granted and I should live everyday of my life to the fullest. The way everyone that Gena knew was dying made me think about the things I do everyday and I began to wonder if I had rubbed some people the wrong way. Everything that went on in the book was something that could happen any given day at any time. It was all so realistic. Between the suspense of Quadir’s return and Terrell’s crazy rampage to find Gena, they made me want to jump into the book and save her myself. All of it just had me so hooked that once I was done with the book I found myself trying to find another book just as interesting. Thank you for writing such wonderful books.

Sincerely,
Alexues Hamilton

1 comment: