Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stephanie Perry Moore's Promise Kept (Marnea P.)

Dear Stephanie Perry Moore,

I have never been a big fan of reading at all. Usually I just pick up any book to read for Mondays SSR. After all it’s only about forty-five minutes of reading. That is the only time I really read, or I at least pretend like I’m reading, in my English class. My punishments always consist of no television, no music, and no phone, so the only thing left to do is read a book until I fall asleep. But when one of my worst friends, Breanne Laguana, first introduced me to one of your series of books, Promise Kept, surprisingly I was hooked! So hooked I kept the book in my site everywhere I went. I couldn’t keep my eyes off the book. I stayed up all night reading, just to see what will happen next. I would stay up so late, I hardly could pull myself up the next morning for school. My parents didn’t know what had gotten into me because they would never catch me lying in my bed reading a book. My room so silent you can hear a fly outside of my window trying to get inside.

Promise Kept was the first book I read out of your series. Which I thought was weird because you had four other books before that one that I had no idea about. Usually if you get a book that has other parts of the book before that, you will be lost. For example, Harry Potter books; you can’t just start on the fourth book and expect to know what’s going on. But for your book, I did not have a hard time at all.

You inspired me to be the best that I can be in any bad situation that comes my way. This book has made a huge impact on my life. In life, you may get distracted by many things, but you must stay focused on the prize, keep pushing forward to greatness, and it will be all worth it in the end. Thank you Ms. Stephanie Moore for not only creating one of the best books, but for also changing my prospective on reading.

-Sincerely,
Marnea Penn

1 comment: