Saturday, June 6, 2009

Richelle Mead's Shadow Kiss (by Yuuka K.)

Dear Mrs. Richelle Mead,

Reading was not the most exciting activity for me. Usually when I read a regular book, I would just read it and that would be the end of it. I would not reread it or think how it was different from any other books that I read. I would not have any thoughts or feelings other than the accomplishment that I finished a book. However it would all change when I picked out a certain book from a bookstore. The day I read your books, The Vampire Academy series, my opinion on reading books changed forever.

When I was reading your book, “Shadow Kiss”, I was hooked the instant I began reading the first paragraph. I was hooked to it so much that my conscience was telling me to read every page, chapter, and paragraph that was in the book. If I stopped reading then I could not bear to wait and continue reading again. All of the suspense made me want to read more and find out want happen in the end. When I finished reading “Shadow Kiss”, I was devastated that I needed to wait until the next volume came out so I reread the book.

I recommended this series to my friends, because I wanted them to share the excitement with them. I wanted them to read the unique story that was filled with romance, mysteries, and action. The old me would have never recommended any books to anybody, have thrill reading books, and rereading the books. I would, also, never have the excitement of wanting to read the next volume too. Mrs. Richelle Mead, the books you have created changed the perspective of my reading.

Sincerely,

Yuuka K.

1 comment: