Monday, June 8, 2009

A Child Called "It" By Dave Pelzer

A Child Called "It" really changed the way I think in how parents treat their children or child. It shows how some parents just care for a certain "favorite" child and not equally how it actually should be. I don't think that's right because then they start asking, like "Why do they get that and not me?", so they either get jealous or think that they are not getting enough attention. And it's weird how most of the time when they treat their child bad; they only do it when there is a certain someone in the house, or no one at all! And I just don't understand why they torture them so much and don't give them freedom, and just let them be.

This book also changed the way how I will treat my kids later on in the future. And also tell them how they should treat their sons or daughters. Also I think that the children that are treated really badly should let someone know what is happening to them, and not just act like nothing has happened to them. Because it's not very good for them, the reasons why sometimes they get dramatized, don't do very good in school, or don't really concentrate.

When I started reading this book I really got hooked on it. I would read chapter after chapter and would not get tired of it. After reading a few chapters I would put the book down, but I would be like "No" I got to keep reading this amazing book. And the fact that it was based on a true story makes it even more interesting. Also got inspired to read the books that follow it. I recommended this book to one of my friends and she was surprised in how this parent treated her child. Like after a few pages or chapters she started crying because the way the mother would treat this poor kid. And she was like thanks for telling me about this book it's really GOOD! So thank you Dave Pelzer for this amazing book, it really changed the way I look at parents out in the world.

Sincerely,
Bianca Albanes

1 comment: