Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rachel Vail's If We Kiss (by Vanessa E.)

Dear Rachel Vail,

There are some things that you wish to accomplish in your young years; whether it’s making it on the cheer squad, going out with the head football player, or kissing the guy of your dreams. Whatever it is, you simply can’t live without that one thing. The book if we kiss really relates to that. The girl wants the guy but when she gets him she has to move. After, she meets someone new but thoughts of her old crush come to haunt her and the guy she may love now is starting to fade away while her adolescent mind takes over what she has become.

The book opened my eyes. It portrayed the reality of what happens once you receive that one thing? Once you get that guy of your dreams what happens next. Although everything may seem so irresistible it’s rather sugar coated. So that guy of your dreams may not be what you expected; or maybe he is but you’ve lost interest in him. So you made the cheer squad, but what happens after passion becomes routine? The book really painted a visual picture in my mind showing that what you may want, most likely wont end up being what you so desperately desired.

So think twice about what you think you may know you want. I can think of a couple things I want at the moment, but will the feeling remain the same once I get them? I really after reading this thought twice before I made a wish on a falling star or blow out my 16 birthday candles. It opened up a new part my eyes would never dream of seeing. For the first time, they saw REALITY.

Sincerely,

Vanessa E.

1 comment: